Monday, August 12, 2013

EIC's 10Q's w/ Mr.Kitty

"..a more ominous presence.."


Mr.Kitty
Raving Apostle

Mr.Kitty Bio:
Mr.Kitty, who has specialized in everything from Dark Electronic music to Breakcore, has shared the stage with Crystal Castles and had his music featured in the Dallas Observer. The solo artist writes dark yet catchy originals and remixes popular songs.


 Hello, how are you? 
I'm half asleep and burnt out from the night before. Overall, I'm okay.

What are you currently listening to? 

Is there a story behind the name? 
I saw a picture of a cat wearing a bow tie and a top hat on the Internet. I thought it looked sophisticated, thus came "Mr.Kitty".

Do you consider Crystal Castles to be a pretty big influence on your sound?
They are an influence on my entire life.

Speaking of your sound, care to shed some light on your recent LP 'Life'; theme, favorite track, etc? 
The theme deals with subjects that I have dealt with in my personal life. It's a soft, romanticized record for the most part. My favorite track from this release is "Unstable" because it gives listeners an insight of what I have to deal with emotionally on a daily basis.

Will you be touring for said release and have you considered doing so with Miss Kittin;]?
I wish that I could tour for this release, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. I don't listen to Miss Kittin, so no.

Got any other projects we should know about?
I had a side-project called "Echo Strobes" but I don't do anything with it anymore.

What movie would work best on mute while listening to you music?

You can only keep/listen to ONE album for the rest of your life ..which album would it be?
Depeche Mode's 'Violator'

Are you living your dream?
Yes, but I feel like I'm living in a dream at the same time.

Thanx Forrest!

Mr.Kitty recently released his latest LP 'Life', which can be found HERE...

No comments:

Post a Comment