Saturday, July 6, 2013

REVIEW: Puce Moment - s/t

9 out of 10
Find it here. 

Thanks to Puce Moment (for introducing themselves to me) I now have a new Dark-Aggro Electronic obsession. Of course how could I not when they (PM) sound like a direct cross-hybrid of HTRK, Android Lust, & Cocteau Twins?

Those names alone should be more than enough reason to skip the rest of this review and just go out and buy this record. But, ..if you want a lil' more.. Underneath/swimming & floating on Puce Moment's debut LP lay dark/intense layers of brooding Electronic-Drones, heavily-distorted guitar sounds, just enough minimal Industrial-esque beats, and heavenly-faint vocals with the ability to lull and stun you at the same time. The overall vibe is "psychedelic-mechanical" I think... A lot of the tracks on this release actually sound different compared to each other, but the flow of this record is flawless and smooth, especially if you're in the mood to just space out and relax a little bit. I also could imagine if you played this album late enough at night you may get creeped out a bit, so it's got that going for it as well....

I trust you like dark sounds right? Trust me when I say this album is absolutely crucial to your collection. HIGHLY (one of 2013's best) RECOMMENDED.

Standout Tracks: ALL. Fenstergang, (Drive), Legacy, Swinging Renaldo, L'ombre, Slw Dwn, Video Dada

No comments:

Post a Comment