Monday, June 24, 2013

EIC's 10Q's w/ Wise Blood

"..incredibly blurry/out of focus, bizarrely nostalgic-hazy.."


Wise Blood
Mischievous Yearning

Wise Blood Bio:
Wise Blood is Chris Laufman, a young guy who lives in Pittsburgh and makes woozy, inward Pop songs out of other people's music. Laufman's voice is usually the only original element in Wise Blood's songs. But Laufman's sample manipulation can turn something like the brontosaurus-stomp drums from Led Zeppelin's "When the Levee Breaks" into just one element of a funky swirl of a track. To hear Laufman tell it, he'd like to take over pop music completely in the next year or so.


Hello, how are you?
 I'm doing alright, it's raining outside and my lower abdomen is killing me though

What are you currently listening to?
The new Tyler record 'Wolf', the song "Next To Me" by Emeli Sande, my new record, SpaceghostPurrp, some Dean Blunt, I'm pumped for 'The Redeemer'..Oh! Also Metro Zu.
What's with the band name?
 I'm really not sure anymore.

I read somewhere that you were getting into some shenanigans/trouble which held up the recording/writing process a bit, care to elaborate on this?
Not exactly, it was n.b.d. to tell you the truth. I really did want people to know there was a reason for the delay though, but I probably didn't need to. I'm pretty certain people weren't panicking wondering where I was.

Is there an overall theme for "Id"?
 Thoughts and experiences, I want to let people form their own opinions on it though. There is some recurring stuff in there, the 1st and last song tie together and the record plays out like 1 day as it progresses.

Will you be touring the US extensively for said release?
 Yeah, waiting on details about that but I'm pretty sure I'll be hitting most U.S. cities and counties and boroughs.

Got any other projects we should know about?
Some stuff I'm working on, a free album I may just drop late summer, a lot of visual shit which I'll be selling for 3 figures minimum.

What movie would work best on mute while listening to you music?
The new Evil Dead movie, just try it..

You can only keep/listen to ONE album for the rest of your life ..which album would it be?
Wise Blood's 'Id', or if I couldn't choose that one maybe The Bug's 'London Zoo' or something by Riff Raff..

Are you living your dream?
My dream is to live in a swimming pool, so I'm not there yet.

Thanx Chris!

Wise Blood is about to release his debut LP 'Id', make sure you check that out as soon as possible..!

No comments:

Post a Comment