Saturday, June 22, 2013

EIC's 10Q's w/ Similarobjects

"..all embracing Electronic wonder stimulating audial tranquility.."


Similarobjects
Dissecting Congenial Habituates

Similarobjects Bio:
Jorge Juan B. Wieneke V (aka Similarobjects) born October 21, 1989 is a 24 year old beat-maker/musician/Experimental artist from the Philippine Islands. He produces electronic tracks with influences ranging from Ambient, Avant-Garde, Lo-Gi, Wierd, Minimal, Glitch, Hip-Hop, IDM and Down-Tempo. The monicker "similarobjects" was a reference to Carl Jung's theory of collective consciousness, the young musician mentions that the monicker was also born out of the seed of thought being a Matryoshka doll wherein there exists a relationship between similarobjects within similarobjects. a majority of the young artist's song titles have new age and cosmic themes in a hopeful attempt to give way to these concepts and open them up to a majority of listeners. additionally he often is fond of incorporating psycho-acoustics and binaural frequencies subtly in some of his mixes. He is currently signed to Local Record Label "Deeper Manila" and "Number Line Records" as well as the Singaporean-based Label "DarkerThanWax".


Hello, how are you?
Hey there im doing fine. Just been trying to create as much as I can. :)

What are you currently listening to?
Lately I've been listening to MF Doom, Shabazz Palaces, Lapalux, Bondax ..also I've been lurking around soundcloud a lot.

What's with the band name?
Had a massive epiphany, call it a spiritual awakening if you wish. I suddenly understood the interconnectedness of things. Were all similarobjects within similarobjects.

Care to shed some light on your EICV7"; theme, favorite track, etc?
No specific theme with this release just a bunch of tracks expressing how I feel at the moment. Feelings, just lots of it. My favorite track would have to be "Petite", like a soft ode to my dream girl. A lot of warm feels here.

Do you tour or plan on doing so?
I do a lot of shows here and there in the Phillippines and I've done a few shows outside of the country. I'm actually really down to do tours, that is if the opportunity arises. I'm definitely down though.

What's next for Similar Objects?
Right now I just wanna keep at it. Collaborating and creating. Its all I really think about. I'll be releasing a full length album by the end of May hopefully. After that we'll see where the flow takes me.

Got any other projects we should know about?
I've been working on some RNB stuff lately. Both some throwback and narco induced kinda stuff. It's called Nouvul. Still dunno how to feel about this but yeah its just my vocal heavy song structured material. Slightly different from my usual SO stuff. Sometimes I just feel the need to write about cheesy shit.

What movie would work best on mute while listening to you music?
Godfrey Reggio's work/any of those "..qatsi" films or 'The Tree Of Life'.

You can only keep/listen to ONE album for the rest of your life ..which album would it be?
Might sound cliche, but it would be the 1967 album 'Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band' by the Beatles.

Are you living your dream?
I guess you can say that. But there is always something better to strive for though.

Thanks Jorge!

Similarobjects is always working on new music (seriously this guy is pretty prolific), tomorrow he will drop his latest; "EICV7" No. 46"..!

No comments:

Post a Comment