Monday, September 10, 2012

REVIEW: Coppe' w/ Nikakoi - Rays

8.25 out of 10

I'm gonna be honest, I really don't know anything about Coppe' ("the godmother of Japanese Electronica"), nor will I pretend to. In-fact I had never acquired (or heard for that matter) anything (unfortunately I missed the ball on this artist) until this recent split she did with Nikakoi (another artist whom I know nothing about:[), 'Rays' is her 12th (I think) release. Yeah, quite extensive/almost overwhelming isn't it? No matter, this is definitely a good start towards the promise of a future new audial obsession of mine..

Assuming you're ok with midnight mechanical IDM/Club and/or Techno music from the mid-late 90's 'Rays' should be right up your alley. From track to one to the last, from the first beat to the last sample, Coppe' & Nikakoi's debut collaborative effort is pitch-perfect precise exercise in someone finding the beauty in machines. 'Rays' is a fun & quirky ride through dark & sensual environments that's sure to leave any (well trained) listener;] wanting more..

If you miss Amp TV you probably need this. ブラボー C & N, ブラボー.

Standout Tracks: Purple Cheese 4 U!, Dream, Meat, Cell, Key, Alp, + all the other tracks;]

No comments:

Post a Comment