Monday, September 10, 2012

EIC's 10Q's w/ Coppe'

"..midnight mechanical IDM/Club and/or Techno music.."


Coppe'
日本の電子音楽の名づけ親

Coppe' Bio:
Coppé was born and raised in Tokyo. Her real name is Yoshimi, which means pure, good and beautiful in Japanese. She was given the nickname Coppé by her mother because on her birth day she resembled a loaf of bread of the same name. As a child, Coppé travelled frequently between Japan and Hawaii, and also lived for a while in Arizona. She studied classical piano and ballet from the age of three. As a child she won a Nihon Record Taisho award (sometimes called "Japanese Grammy") for her song "Peke No Uta", which was released via King Records. She also won a Chibikko Nodojiman award while still in elementary school singing her original song "Red Red Balloon". Also while still a child she began to appear regularly on a weekly NHK TV show "Uta No Tomodachi". This led to her getting involved with radio, her first regular show being "All Nite Nippon". She later also had shows on FM Tokyo and FM Yokohama. Her English language skills led to her being on NHK show based on learning English. Other TV shows in which she made regular appearances were TBS's "Jikan Desuyo" and "Ginza Now", NTV's "Shower Gang" and the music program "Poppers MTV" where she interviewed many foreign artists including Ray Charles, Bob Marley, James Brown, Madonna, the Police, Cyndi Lauper and Michael Jackson. After her father's death, she relocated to Honolulu in order to be closer to her mother. In Hawaii she also had a radio program on KIKI AM 83.


Hello, how are you?
Brilliante'!!!  + u...???

What are you currently listening to?
The tracks to be included on my 15th release.... It's half way done already + soundin' faaaaaaaaaaabulosoooooooooooooo :) :) :)

Care to tell us about your recent release with Nikakoi.. how it came about, were there any snags, etc.?
When I got to encounter w/Nika for the very first time.... It was almost like "zap-zap-zap love at first sight"!!! After a few drinks, we decided to start collaboratin' on our first , that track is called "Forbidden" (Included on my 12th release called 'Artificial Insemination').... We were both suuuuuuuper happy + so we kept on makin' more + more tracks together:)  Nika is such a sweetheart + I can go 4ever collaborating w/him!!!  We've accumulated enough tracks to make a whole album so we decided to print it + release it :) :) :)

Do you have a favorite track from said release?
It changes everyday for me....  but Nika's favorite is the suuuuuuuuper Ambient last track called "Rays",  he decided to make a video for it.... I didn't know he was a movie producer til then!!!!! Nika's world is sooooooooo intriguing....full of mystery....+ distinctively Nikakoi....you know what I mean???!! I really respect that + I'm suuuuuuuuper happy + honored to be working w/him!!!!!

Will you be touring for this release?
Yes yes yes.... I'm off to Hawaii tomorrow.... But in late Sept/Oct. I should be coming back to tour the UK :) :) :) Sooooooooooooo can't wait !!!!!

Got any other/new side projects we should know about?
I'm always recording.... like I've mentioned , I'm about halfway done with my next release .... We did a fun-fun-fun live streaming release party on May 31st . Here in Tokyo.... My dear friends J.J. from HIFANA + Maywa Denk were there to perform w/me!!!  In June I performed again w/DJ Kensei in Shibuya ....also....Just got done singin' for (UK's) Shitmat's new release.... See....I told you....I am a music junkie hahahaaaaaaaaaaaa :) :) :)

The best thing to happen to music in the past 5 years is..?
Computers....

How about the Worst?
Computers....

You can only keep/listen to ONE album for the rest of your life ..which album would it be?
Brian Eno's 'Neroli'

Are you living your dream?
Always :) :) :)

Thanx Léigh and Coppe!

Coppe' is currently/always doing a lot with new music, I suggest you get yourself acquainted if you haven't done so by now...

No comments:

Post a Comment