Monday, August 27, 2012

EIC's 10Q's w/ Sobrenadar

"..put you in a spell, a magical and engaging awesome spell..."


Charm Paradise Pop

Sobrenadar Bio:
Paula Garcia is a Dream Pop artist playing under moniker Sobrenadar. She is currently based in Argentina.


 Hello, how are you?
Hi, I'm fine thank you ...

What are you currently listening to?
I'm listening (very often) to Grouper, Ricky Eat Acid, as well as the latest releases from Air and Charlotte Gainsbourg.

Do you feel the word 'Sobrenadar' is a direct reflection of the music you do?
I don't remember exactly the moment when I decided that the name of the project was going be that, but what I do remember is that suddenly it all made sense, the songs where gradually mutating into something that sounds very Ambient and Dreamy so Sobrenadar fit perfectly.

Care to tell us a little bit about this project, when/how it started etc.?
I started to study music production back in 2008, while in school I met a friend that introduced me to a few different recording programs. I then started to record just instrumental songs (at first), then I was encouraged to write some short lyrics, I realized that I had something and to keep on growing/evolving with it. Since then it's been hard to get out of my room..

Have a personal favorite track?
I think that could be "Sommeil Paradoxal" or "Morus".

Have you considered touring with this project?
Right now I'm recording songs that are going to go towards the next LP, after that I really hope I can go out and play it anywhere.

What movie would work best on mute while listening to your music?
It's hard to think about it but maybe something quiet like The Exploding Girl or something very surreal like The Science Of Sleep.

Got any other projects we should know about?
Not yet.

You can only keep/listen to ONE album for the rest of your life ..which album would it be?
I would go for 'Bless The Self' by Geotic.

Are you living your dream?
I am so grateful for doing what I love the most and that is the only way to happiness.

Thanx Paula!

Sobrenadar is (currently) HIGHLY underrated, this shouldn't be so, make sure to spread the word when you get a moment...;]

No comments:

Post a Comment