Monday, June 11, 2012

EIC's 10Q's w/ Halls

"..the ability to lull your aural senses.."


Soft Wave

Halls Bio:
Halls is the solo project of south London-based musician Samuel Howard. Started in early 2010, Halls combines looped electronic samples with sparse vocals, each song deeply submerged in dense reverb.


Hello, how are you?
I am well, thanks.

What are you currently listening to?
'Visions of the Country' by Robbie Basho.


What's with the band name?
It is supposed to give the image of something vast and impressive.

Care to tell us a little bit about this project, when/how it started etc.?
It started about a year and a half ago, in the summer of 2010...I don't really like to use the word project, makes it sound like a hobby. It basically started because I finally had a strong drive to make music by myself. 

What is the theme on your debut release?
The theme is an attempt at recreating what you see on the record cover...natural and soft sounds that are often cut up and skewed with electronic elements. I wanted it to sound delicate.

Will you be touring for said release?
 Not a tour as such, but playing a few shows in quick succession, starting with one at Kraak Studio in Manchester on March 9th.

If you could choose any 3 artists to remake/remix the album whom would you pick and why?
I'd want to hear an instrumental version performed solely with classical instruments, so some sort of ensemble would be one. Thinking of 3 is hard...I don't think I'd want anyone to remake the EP...

Got any other projects we should know about?
I write, but what I've written I'd rather keep close to me, for now anyway.

You can only keep/listen to ONE album for the rest of your life ..which album would it be?
That would be hard... 'Kid A' I guess.


Are you living your dream?
Not yet, I'm getting there though.

Thanx Samuel and Debbie!

Halls is currently/hopefully working on his debut full length, look for that in the near future...

No comments:

Post a Comment