Monday, April 23, 2012

REVIEW: Fotoshop - Lifeforms

8.25 out of 10

I can't remember when or how I stumbled across Fotoshop, but I'm certainly glad I did. So far Fotoshop (aka Jarno-Erik) has this album and an EP under his belt, both are pretty much equally amazing, but I lean towards 'Lifeforms' because it has more ..and I'm greedy for good sound:)

I guess Chill Wave is the quickest way to explain Fotoshop's sound, but don't pigeonhole him yet. The music has a really strong Pop sensibility to it that at some points kind of reminds me of Duran Duran. Fotoshop, to say the very least is pretty catchy, like REALLY catchy actually. A few other bands Fotoshop sort of resembles are; Sinner DC, Teeel (#29), and Radio Dept., so all that + catchy = awesome for you. 'Lifeforms' is a "Bright & Futuristic" journey through a "Hazy Dream Sequence". The mood can range from upbeat midnight techno drive scores to 80's Radio Friendly "ballads". All done on a computer, all you (computer composed melody) haters out there need to recognize. Wrrd.

A really strong debut, I can't (and hopefully won't have to) wait to hear more from this artist.. Definitely Recommended for the masses.

Standout Tracks: Do I have to? They're all pretty awesome to be honest, but if I HAD TO; Too Little Too Late, Speed Vs Distance, Summer, The Door

No comments:

Post a Comment