Monday, April 23, 2012

EIC's 10Q's w/ Fotoshop

"..bright & futuristic journey through a hazy dream sequence.."


Reverie Reformed & Restructured

Fotoshop Bio:
Heavily disoriented synthethizers, basslines and beats, not unlike in Shoegaze, Trip Hop or Techno combined create the atmosphere of Fotoshop. Mostly everything, from composing, instruments, vocals, programming, mixing, mastering to graphics and some videos is made by Jarno-Erik at his home studio (a macbook and, well, not much more).


Hello, how are you?
I'm good, thanks for asking. Right now recording vocals for a new track. I'm not sure yet when it's going to be released.

What are you currently listening to?
I got excited about At The Drive-In when I heard about their comeback. So that and Jonsi from Sigur Ros. And always Elliott Smith!

What's with the band name?
I'm sorry about it (*laughs*). I don't really know, I thought it would be clever. Maybe it suited better the direction I went with my old demos. I use Photoshop a lot though. If I'm not making music, I'm making some retro sci-fi artwork.

Did you know what kind of sound you were going for when you began writing for it?
Sometimes. But mostly it evolves while I'm working with it. I love to try out different sounds and atmospheres.

What do you do when you're not being a musician?
In addition to artwork, I love to follow scientific publications and new studies. Psychology and space exploration, I'm very excited about the speed of new planets being found. I guess it's just a matter of few years until we have found a big number of planets that could be supporting life. And let's not forget what they are doing in laboratories testing their theories in quantum physics.

When should we expect another album from you?
This year, no doubt. Maybe I'm going to do an EP first.

If you could choose any 3 artists to remake/remix the album whom would you pick and why?
Caribou, because it's so lovely! Damon Albarn, because I have listened his sounds for a long long time. Com Truise would be cool too, I like his synths very much.

Got any other projects we should know about?
Helsinki has some very nice things going on right now. I should mention at least French Films which is getting pretty much attention already, Zebra and Snake is really good, and I love the sound of Aves.

You can only keep/listen to ONE album for the rest of your life ..which album would it be?
Then I guess I'd have to make a choice between Belle and Sebastian's 'Tigermilk' and/or Radiohead's 'Kid A'. They are so different, I'd have to let a coin decide.

Are you living your dream?
In a way, yes. But it's more of a path than a place, so it's not that hard!


Thanx Jarno-Erik!


Fotoshop is currently under the radar and shouldn't be, maybe tell a friend or two and get the word out...?;)

No comments:

Post a Comment