Monday, June 6, 2011

REVIEW: ∆Aimon - Amen

9 out of 10

While surfing the internet one day (like I do every once and a while) I stumbled across an online record label called Tundra Dubs. This "up & coming" label is filled to the brim with unexplored/unappreciated talent. Mostly in vein of Dark Electronic and/or Witch house vibes. One of the bands that hooked me right away was ∆Aimon. Their debut release "Amen" is a 6 track peak into dark & perplexing technophobic sexuality, it's also one of this year's best releases.

"Amen" begins with a faint/distant drone which morphs slowly into a murky Gothic carnival. Slowly from there the "dark rave" begins. Your still in the "quieter" tent next door, but your mind grows wild with curiosity from the hypnotic demonly sounds. Then it happens, you walk over to the dark side. Welcome to track two, "Amen", quite possibly (one of) the best "Witch House/Drag" tracks I have ever heard. Very sinister and sexy. ∆Aimon reminds me of o0o00 a lot, only more Industrial and certainly more "Gothic" (kind of "Coil-y I guess?). In-fact, up until this point I may have said my favorite Witch House/Drag artist would've been o0o00, but now I'm not sure.

(This is) My favorite piece of darkness from 2011. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED (ж▲└♂†).

Standout Tracks: I love them all, Amen, Maasym (prob my f∆v tr∆k), Exu Rei

No comments:

Post a Comment