Tuesday, June 7, 2011

M83 news..!

Anthony Gonzalez (M83) is working on a follow-up to 2008's "Saturdays=Youth". Here's what he last said about it: "For now, the direction of the album is very, very, very epic. Very orchestrated. I feel like it's a mix of all my albums, actually." Gonzalez just recently told Spin a few more details..

The new one is due in October, it'll be a double album, and it'll feature a collaboration with Zola Jesus-- someone who knows from huge-sounding, evocative synth music. Gonzalez says that the Zola Jesus collaboration "is very orchestral and very big. It's almost like a duet." He also says that the album will feature a collaboration with Brad Laner (Medicine), and that it will also feature contributions from bassist Justin Meldal-Johnsen (Beck/Nine Inch Nails). Singer and keyboardist Morgan Kibby, a huge part of "Saturdays=Youth", won't play as prominent of a role on this one, though she co-wrote some lyrics and sings backup. Gonzalez says, "We're best friends. And she'll be on tour with me again. It's just I want every album to be a bit different."

Gonzalez goes on to say, "It's mainly about dreams, how every one is different, how you dream differently when you're a kid, a teenager, or an adult. I'm really proud of it. If you're doing a very long album, all the songs need to be different and I think I've done that with this one. Overall, it's pop-- and very epic."

New M83 + Zola Jesus + Double Album?? It makes sense that the album pertains to dreams as I feel like I am dreaming right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment