Wednesday, May 18, 2011

REVIEW: Various Artists - A Witch House & Okkvlt Guide To Twin Peaks

9.5 out of 10
Find it here.SORRY SOLD OUT .. kind of.

This particular compilation/tribute to Twin Peaks has instantly become one of my favorite pieces of Witch House/Drag that I have the pleasure of owning. Since getting my copy in the mail I've listened to it countless amount of times (in the double digits I'm sure). This should be noted, I can't remember the last time I heard a compilation so relevant that I needed to talk about it. However, this album has that "quality" and some. In-fact, it's nearly flawless and most certainly the most profound "Twin Peaks experience" you will ever have.

Phantasma Disques and co. are masters in their field. They consistently release the best/most unheard of Dark Electronic/Post Industrial/Drag acts out there and their art (in all of it's Photoshop glory) is SPECTACULAR (there's something about this artists visuals that just make sense when it comes to the music it's describing). "A Witch House & Okkvlt Guide To Twin Peaks" features some of the best bands from this online collective of dark hoodlums. If the point of this release was to capture the dark and mysterious endeavors of Twin Peaks, it did that and then some, Mr. Lynch would be proud. There's a "possible rumor" of a vinyl release floating around, could just be a rumor though. If there's a petition to make this happen, sign me up please! Oh, and hurry up cuz the sequel is out now too, it'll probably sell out within the next 5 minutes or so though, so good luck.

If you are wondering where to start with the ever expanding "Witch House/Drag" genre, start here. This is absolutely 100% perfectly D-▲-R-K music. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED (X333²) Go HERE to get a taste (FREEBIES!). If you're listening to this album already you know what I mean when I say this is something every ominous soul craves.

Standout Tracks: ALL, ALL, ALL, ALL. as well as :] The Nightingale, A Blue Rose, Into The Night (the very reason I looked into this release--thanx Brant;]), Questions In A World Of Blue +ALLLLLLL!

No comments:

Post a Comment