Monday, February 14, 2011

REVIEW: Silk Flowers - Ltd. Form

8.75 out of 10

Back in 2009 I was quite smitten by Silk Flowers, whom had a way with revising 80's Cheese Goth meets (the earlier days of) Front 242. I loved the album like any great guilty pleasure before it (maybe obsessed over it actually). A couple years later Silk Flowers have returned, this time with *gasp* --wait for it.. INCREDIBLE production values (nothing really "Lo-Fi" about it at all anymore) and ASTONISHING synth melodies.

Since I began listening to "Ltd. Form" a few days ago I've listened to it at least 6 times. Once again, I find myself obsessing over Silk Flowers.. I love a good comeback, I love when an artist does nothing but improve himself(s), and I especially love when they try something a little different/expand on their style. On Silk Flowers second full length the band manages to keep tidbits of their previous kitschy Goth sound, this time however with a stronger focus on Spacey/New Wavey Synth compositions (glorious-terrific synths -- lots of em') that sort of remind me of Herbie Hancock without all that "funk". There are also fewer vocals this time around, which at first I wasn't sure about, but the more I soak it in I can imagine it any other way. Gawd, I f#$%kn' love this album! "Ltd. Form" is one of the best things I've heard this year. Don't expect another Goth album like this ever again ..that is, until Silk Flowers return again:] GO GET THIS NOW!

♥♥♥♥♥Recommended♥♥♥♥♥

Standout Tracks: ALL especially; FROZEN MOMENTS, FRUIT OF THE VINE (sooo in-love with this track), BAND OF COLOR, A BRUSH THROUGH THE DUST,

No comments:

Post a Comment