Monday, August 9, 2010

EIC'S10Q'S w/Miracles Club

"..it's about time somebody tried to recapture the true essence of the early/mid 90's club scene.."


Miracles Club
Lackadaisical Evocative Terpsichorean

Miracles Club Bio:
Miracles Club are a new group. The kind of music they make might be best described as "drug infused" Acid House music. The band members consist of Honey Owens (Valet), Rafael Fauria, & Ryan Boyle
. So far the group has released a couple 12" EP's and is in the process of putting together their debut LP which is (possibly) due out this Fall. Check out their blog for a handful of remixes, exclusives, and other goodies..


Hello, how are you?
Fine thanks. It has just switched to full-on summer mode here in Portland. That means 90 degrees and it hurts our fragile, gothic skin.

What are you currently listening to?
We listen to a lot of mid 90's NY/NJ House. I have been listening to a lot of Reggae and Dub. I work at a place where the music is on all day and I've been bored with my itunes so I plug my internet radio with the Jah Vibrations. Also a lot of the Mississippi Records mix tapes are good too. We both like all kinds of music throughout the day. Total fans.

Why are you called Miracles Club?
There is a recovery/community center here called The Miracles Club. It focuses on renewing your life through sobriety and faith in oneself and others. It's a super positive zone. Rafael grew up in the neighborhood and attended church across the street. We were driving home one night chatting about some future project that we might start and as we were describing how we wanted it to be, we drove by The Miracles Club. Bam.

Is your music a throwback to the 90’s club scene?
I would say 'heavily inspired by' ha ha but we could only hope! We are exploring the club music experience for sure. There are so many types of dance music cultures that are so important and just plainly go off. It's exciting to play around within this medium and to feel unchained. Free.

Is there a tentative title/release date for your debut LP?
Well, we've released a 12" already a couple months ago and are currently finishing up another one. Hoping to get it out by Fall.

Will you release it independently or are you signed to a label at the moment?
We aren't signed by any means although we are planning to do our next release with a label to be determined. We really like this 12" EP format. I personally really like putting out 12"'s this way because we don't have to deal with release schedules and such. Dance music is so temporal so you want to release it as soon as possible. If something takes 6 months or a year to come out.. it's like, man, I'm into something totally different by then ya know?

What’s the worst live music experience you’ve ever had?
Well, which one? Ha ha JK! Actually, before Rafael and I were doing The Miracles Club proper, he accompanied me to Europe for a couple Valet dates. The first show we played was a record store in Rome. I didn't realize that we weren't going through a transformer and I fried all of my gear... soooo we ended up having to play this show in Berlin with literally 2 ipods and a microphone. It sucked so hard. but whatever, it was just a day in tha life.

What’s going on with Nudge these days?
Brian has been rocking it solid with this other dude Jon from the Starving Weirdos. They just got back from a Midwest/East tour. He has also been making some rad dance music under the name 'Leech' among others.. Rafael and I do a little blog called 'theecstasyblog' with Brian and also our friend Scott who does this awesome band called 'Operative'

You can only keep/listen to ONE album for the rest of your life ..which album would it be?
Wow. Ummmmmmm I guess for me, it'd probably have to be some Raga music or something. Like Raga flute with some tablas and maybe some Prandit vox. Cuz like, for the rest of your life? You'd want it to be something that you could approach differently depending on how you were feeling each day. Each raga pertains to different parts of your body and mind. So i guess I would pick one that was the raga of everything. Then I could feel like I had my bases covered. Or maybe some Erik Satie or Eno"..Airports". Ha ha Rafael just said "and I would be with you(me) and we'd listen to the same record" lol well, I think we will say that we've agreed on "..Airports" ha ha.

Are you living your dream?

Fuck yeah! I mean what else are we living?

Thanx Honey!

Miracles Club are currently working on a hand full of 12" EP's as well as a debut LP (hopefully) look for that in the near future...

No comments:

Post a Comment