Thursday, May 13, 2010

REVIEW: o0o00 - No Summr4U CDR

9 out of 10
Find it here.Sorry Sold Out (Try Google)

For the past few months I've been on a HUGE "Drag/Witch House/Dark Electronic/made up genre" kick, and one of my favorite bands from said genre(s) is o0o00 (yes, that's how you spell it & no I don't know how to pronounce it). So far the only releases by o0o00 is the "No Summr4U" self-released/handmade CD-R and a split 7" they did with White Ring (another terrific Drag band). I'm not sure if there is a full length, fully distributed album in the near future (gawd please..), but I will definitely keep my fingers crossed. Normally I wouldn't post anything on an album that I can't even find for sale anywhere, but I want, no NEED, you to listen to me when I say this; o0o00 IS one of the best bands to emerge from current trend of "Internet only" bands.

"No Summr4U" combines elements of dark Electro sounds w/Industrial, "Hip-Pop" and a few other droney soundscapes that could give even the bravest of souls nightmares for weeks. From start to finish this release is S-O-L-I-D. Drum machine beats that sound "Hip-Hoppy" are meshed & entangled underneath a vast array of washed out dank synths, deviant vocal samples, cold-steel manufactured tropospheres, and a few modern Pop samples that give this aphotic beast the pinch of modified elation it needs. As I'm sitting here writing this review/listening to the album I'm finding it hard to conjure up the right words to truly justify how much I REALLY LOVE THIS ALBUM (REALLY LOVE). I can't. I need you to just trust me when I say o0o00 is what's missing in your life. Please do some hard searching for this album, your time spent finding this will be merited once you finally get the chance press play. A pinnacle in my massive record collection. You have my permission to bury me with this.

Too bad I was late with finding this album, had I known about it when it was originally released in 09 it would've surely cracked my top 10. If you're at all a fan of the Drag genre consider this THE highlight of the ever so young genre. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED (oh so VERY Highly Recommended).

Standout Tracks: Al1lLL1!|LllLLlLLlLlLL, ESPECIALLY "No Shore"

No comments:

Post a Comment