Monday, April 19, 2010

Have you heard about the Neu! box set yet??

NEU! "Complete Retrospective" Limited Edition Vinyl Box Set comes out June 29th, 2010 via Groenland Records

From Michael Rother (1/2 Neu!):
"I am very happy to know that with the NEU! vinyl box set our fans will for the first time have the opportunity to hear the whole bandwidth of NEU!. My partner Klaus Dinger sadly passed away in 2008 but he has been in our minds all during the work on this box set and his visual ideas for NEU! were our inspiration. . . Most of all I'm thrilled about the release of the album NEU! ´86 which Klaus Dinger and I originally recorded in 1985/86, but left unfinished back then and which led to some unfortunate problems between Klaus and myself in the 90s. I now completely reworked the album from original multi-track and master tapes, and unearthed a few yet unknown tracks, which are essential for a full understanding of what Klaus and I focused on for NEU! in the mid 80s. It was my aim to present Klaus Dinger’s musical strengths and visions just as much as my own ideas. The best musical result was to be my only guideline, not the ego. All during the emotional process of reworking our album Klaus was on my mind and I contemplated what he would think about my decisions."

Here's whats inside!:
4 vinyl LPs & 1 vinyl maxi-single including:
NEU!
NEU! 2
NEU! ‘75
NEU! ’86
NEU! ’72 non-public test
36 pages picturebook & NEU! stencil
Personal download code for digital versions of the songs and free NEU! t-shirt

Here's my favorite track ever of theirs. From the album "'75":
Leb' Wohl

No comments:

Post a Comment