Saturday, February 21, 2009

REVIEW: The Redneck Manifesto - I Am Brazil

6 out of 10

The Redneck Manifesto are an instrumental rock band from Dublin, Ireland. "Post Rock" as a style has been worn to the bone for some time now, but luckily I picked up this album while the whole thing was still fresh. Take Indie Pop, "Yes aesthetics" and wrap it with some "Tortoise aspirations". It's noodles galore on three or more guitars. That's what I like about them though, their not just another Explosions In The Sky "tribute" band.

TRM are fun, but, unfortunately, the song writing just isn't dynamic enough to hold your attention the whole time. At times the extra guitars don't flesh out the melody enough and just come off as self indulgent.

Overall I'm glad I heard these guys. It's nice to know instrumental guitar based bands can be upbeat as well. To bad their working in such a boring style though.

Standout Tracks: I Am Brazil, We Still Got It, Hibernation Statement, I Have Not Make It

No comments:

Post a Comment