Saturday, February 21, 2009

Music IS MY Religon

I recently had a talk with a friend concerning religion, and we both agreed everything else aside, that we were simply not "spiritual" enough to join a Buddhist convent or go to church even. Reflecting on it further, I came to the conclusion that even though I'm an Atheist, I do have spirituality. What people find in religion, I find in music. Solace is mine for as long as the album spins. Our savior is the artist, our hymns their songs. The congregation is the fellow fans of....whomever. If you think of it, people treat their favorite albums as sacred relics. They couldn't go on without them. Music is part of your identity, just as much as anything else. It helps scopes our opinions and tells the tales of our time. It is my pastime. It is my obsession. It keeps me going, day to day. I may have lost my passion for "God" long ago, but I will take my love of music to the grave. Hallelujah.

No comments:

Post a Comment