Friday, January 23, 2009

REVIEW: White Gold And The Calcium Twins - The Best I Can Give Is 2%

6 out of 10

Put on some goggles, your about to get some awesome in your eye. What do you get when you mix an overly cocky hair metal guitar god with musically inclined twins who can also sing their asses off and make their band 'milk' themed? Ladies and gentlemen, ready you empty glass for "White Gold And The Calcium Twins".


I honestly know next to nothing about this band. Not that I'm lazy or anything, I just cant find much about them. I instantly got hooked on this clever, but odd gimmick. Judging from the "Got Milk?" slogan proudly displayed on their website I'm not sure how serious they take themselves. But they're a high dose of fun and crazy antics none-the-less. The Calcium Twins consist of Skimberly on the drums and Wholena on the bass (heavy sigh, face in palm). And helming this milky odessey is White Gold himself. With the attitude of King Kong Crew, the voice of Dick Valentine (Electric Six) but a little sexier, and the shredding capabilities of an 80's funk metal virtuoso... I mean c'mon. What more can you ask for?


Their album releases on April 7th on CMPB Records. There's nothing else I can say to prepare you, just take the time to watch both videos below. Your Welcome.


Standout Tracks: Is It Me, Or Do You Love My Hair, One Gallon Axe, Pour The Milk Sister (PMS)

1 comment:

  1. This music is bad. I don't really care for hair metal though. Also I almost find it sickening that this band is just a gimmick CMPB(California Milk Processor Board) Records is using to gain more of a teenage audience to sell their milk. This is not right. But to each his own I suppose.

    ReplyDelete